DAILY PRODUCT CARE
NSK Handpieces are manufactured using superior micro-precision production technology to tolerances of less than 1,000th of a millimetre & with over 100 years of experience, NSK is today regarded as the world’s largest dedicated manufacturer of quality precision high & low speed dental handpieces, micro motors & ultra-sonic scalers.
To maintain these precision instruments in peak operating condition with the efficiency & accuracy required to perform precise clinical procedures, it is recommended that all NSK products be maintained using the following Care & Maintenance Instructions.
NSK RECOMMENDS THE FOLLOWING CARE & MAINTENANCE PROCEDURE FOR NSK HANDPIECES
- Contra-Angle: Remove the contra-angle from the motor and detach the bur from the chuck.
- Air Turbine: Remove the air turbine from the coupling and detach the bur from the chuck.
Bring instruments to a dedicated decontamination area. Remove organic contaminants with a paper wipe.
Manual: Clean the external surface of handpiece with running water (<38°C, demineralised water recommended).
Automated: NSK handpieces with this symbol are thermo-disinfector-ready and therefore may be washed and disinfected using a thermo-disinfector. When using a thermo-disinfector, be sure to follow its manufacturer’s instructions.
- Essential after thermo-disinfection
- Essential prior to sterilization process
Manual: Lubricate handpiece using NSK Pana Spray Plus / Pana Spray. To prevent mist spray from escaping into the environment, use absorbent cloth. Expel excess lubrication.
Automated: Clean and lubricate handpieces with NSK Care3 Plus. Be sure to use the right adaptor for each handpiece.
Place handpieces in a sterilization pouch and seal them. EN13060 4.6.3 recommends autoclaving for 20 minutes (minimum holding time) at 121°C or 15 minutes (minimum holding time) at 132°C. NSK recommends Class B or S sterilization. (All NSK handpieces are autoclavable up to 135°C)
After the sterilization cycle, immediately remove handpieces from the autoclave. Keep them in dust-free, sterilized storage or bring them to a treatment room for use.
Please see the video below on how to maintain your NSK products using the NSK Care3 Plus Automatic Lubrication Machine, and Pana Spray Plus Manual Lubrication Spray.
- NSK Care & Maintenance Instruction Sheet - Using iCare / Pana Spray Plus PDF
- NSK Care & Maintenance Instruction Sheet - Using Care3 Plus / Pana Spray Plus PDF
- NSK iCare PDF
- NSK Care3 plus PDF
- NSK Pana Spray Plus PDF
OTHER CARE & MAINTENANCE MANUALS
- Cleaning of Cartridge & Handpiece Body of NSK Air Turbines
- Maintenance of NSK Prophy-Mate neo
- Cleaning of Chuck of NSK Laboratory Handpiece
- Maintenance of NSK Surgical Micromotors
- Maintenance of NSK Air Scalers